Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rainbow nation


Good morning, everyone! I think it's high time for some authentically South African designs, so let's take a look at Heather Moore's funky products. Heather, well-known for her label Skinny laMinx, is an illustrator and designer from Cape Town. Her unique prints are available on all sorts of items like tea towels, cushions and aprons. I'll let these images from her website do the rest of the talking...
























































One of my favourite designs is the tongue-in-cheek I wish we had IKEA, below. We don't have IKEA in South Africa (which sucks), so Heather went and put all her favourite IKEA products, along with their titles and prices, on a tea towel as a kind of consolation prize. Brilliant!





























You can buy Heather's designs from her Etsy store or read her very popular blog here.

Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love the I Wish We Had Ikea ones! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous fabrics, will have to feature them in a Fabric Friday on my blog in the future.

    ReplyDelete