Tuesday, April 6, 2010

If the shoe fits…

South African shoe shoppers rejoice! Zoom Footwear has just opened an online store for us here at the bottom of the continent. What’s more, you’ll get free shipping on everything you buy during the month of April! Here’s a taste of their Autumn/Winter 2010 collection… swoon.


If, like most of us, you’re a little obsessed about shoes, why not flaunt it by adorning your coffee table with one of these beautiful books? They’re both available from Kalahari.net, and they also make great gifts.

Shoes by Judith Miller (R140)

Shoes: A History From Sandals to Sneakers (Hardcover) by Giorgio Riello and Peter McNeil (R450)

Images: Amazon

On the topic of shoes, I just had to include some lovely creations from three of the ingenious sellers at Etsy. If you don’t want at least one of these, you must really hate shoes! ;-)



Effervescent Shoe - Moleskine pocket journal by Catwalk Paper Works

40s Shoe Notepad by Bigfoot Press

Red Pumps Original Oil Painting by ChatterBoxArt

Do you have a favourite pair of shoes in your closet? Do you prefer flats or heels? Sneakers or flip-flops? Let’s hear your thoughts!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful shoes. sadly I can only look at high heels from a distance:)can't wear real high. I wobble on them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can't really walk in heels either. Especially not for long periods of time. But they look pretty - we should just stay seated. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ok on a not-too-hight heal, as long as I don't have to go down stairs. But will not be wearing heals till I shave my beard ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love those shoes, I'v also seen a few amazing Zoom shoes on a new fashion shop called Zando (www.zando.co.za)

    ReplyDelete