Tuesday, March 9, 2010

For everything handmade

One of the most wonderful events I've ever been to is Kamersvol Geskenke ("rooms full of gifts"). It's a magnificent hotch-potch of an exhibition where hundreds of crafters bring their hand-made goodies, florists bring fresh flowers and delis bring delicious edibles. It started seven years ago and has grown exponentially.

I would really urge everyone to go because just being there is SUCH an inspiration. This year's Kamersvol will be held at Lourensford Wine Estate in Somerset West from 27 October to 2 November. To my great disappointment I was unable to go last year, but here are some pictures from the 2008 exhibition!











5 comments:

  1. I love this kind of show! There is so much talent out there and this is the perfect showcase. I live in Florida and see very little of this kind of thing here (mostly in churches) but when I lived in Michigan, there were a lot to go to. More crafters in cold weather states I have always thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your input, Barbara! Kamersvol Geskenke is held on a different wine farm in the Boland (South Africa's leading wine-making area) every year. It gets really hot there, so maybe in the southern hemisphere it's the other way round? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how gorgeous. Please remind us closer to the time to go visit this years expo. I really love all those mosaics, they are so pretty. Loving your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it incredible what beautiful and creative things people can come up with?

    ReplyDelete